Sunday, August 18, 2019 12:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
City Hosted and City Supported Events
Port Moody’s Car-Free Day is taking over St. Johns Street. We’re closing five blocks and having a huge street celebration, filled with local businesses, musicians, green transportation displays, delicious food, and a family-friendly Brewers Row beer garden. Check out over 130 booths, swing by the bicycle skills zone, take a ride on the mini train, and test your skills on the ninja obstacle course.
Car-Free Day also features tons of live music, including:
- Trilojay, a high-energy event band who will have you dancing, with sounds ranging from roots rock to vanguard funk;
- Kim Gray, a local four-person garage-pop band;
- Clavinova Nights, a quartet of jazz crooners who blend blues with upbeat dance music; and
- Music with Marnie, whose high-energy musical performance gets children moving and grooving.
Road closure information
- St. Johns Street, between Douglas and Moody streets, will be closed to all vehicle traffic from 6am to 10pm on August 18, 2019. Commuters are strongly advised to take alternative routes.
- Members of the public are encouraged to leave their car at home, and walk, bike, or take public transit to the celebration.
- The City of Port Moody is operating a free event shuttle during Car-Free Day. The shuttle will loop from the Port Moody Recreation Complex (300 Ioco Road) to Rocky Point Park (2800 Murray Street) approximately every 30 minutes.
- View our traffic management summary map.
Car-free days take place across the country and aim to inspire people to get out of their cars, interact with each other, and explore alternative modes of transportation.
Feature Image:Car-Free Day