Holiday Cheer at the Pier - This event has already occurred
Saturday, December 4, 2021 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
City Hosted and City Supported Events
Enjoy Holiday Cheer at the Pier on Saturday, December 4, 2021. This free, walk-through event for all ages will run from 6pm to 8pm outdoors at Rocky Point Pier and Boat Launch (2800 block of Murray Street). Help us celebrate the holiday season as we light up Port Moody's iconic pier!
- Wave hello to Santa, pick up a pre-wrapped red velvet cookie, and enjoy all kinds of roaming entertainment including stilt walkers, bouncy elves, and carolers.
- Be on the lookout for Santa’s elves – find them all as part of the Port Moody Station Museum’s holiday scavenger hunt and enter to win a basket filled with local goodies.
- Kids can bring home an ornament kit put together by PoMoArts and take-and-make crafts provided by the Port Moody Public Library. The PoMoArts instruction video will show you how to decorate your ornaments together.
- Mini doughnuts and popcorn will be available for purchase from food trucks on site.
- Port Moody Fire Rescue will be collecting new, unwrapped toys, and the Port Moody Police Department will be on hand to collect non-perishable food. Whether it’s toys, food, or cash, please consider giving what you can – everything will go to SHARE Family and Community Services for local families in need.
Holiday Cheer at the Pier is an outdoor event and will take place rain or shine, so please dress for the weather. Parking at Rocky Point Park will be extremely limited. Pay parking may be available at Moody Centre Station (Westcoast Express) Park and Ride (65 Williams Street) – check TransLink’s website for rates. Please consider leaving your car at home and walking or taking public transit instead.
While proof of COVID-19 vaccination and face masks are not required by B.C.’s Public Health Officer for outdoor gatherings at this time, we highly recommended you wear a face mask when a physical distance of two metres cannot be maintained. Please note that public health directives and guidelines related to events and COVID-19 may change at any time – be sure to check this page before coming down to Rocky Point Park on December 4.
Address of event:
Rocky Point Park - 2300 block Murray Street, Port Moody, B.C.
Feature Image:Holiday Cheer at the Pier