Holiday Cheer at the Pier - This event has already occurred
Saturday, November 25, 2023 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
City Hosted and City Supported Events
The City of Port Moody’s Holiday Cheer at the Pier celebration is happening on Saturday, November 25, 2023. This free event for all ages runs from 6pm to 8pm at Rocky Point Pier and Boat Launch within Rocky Point Park (2800 block of Murray Street), with festive lights switched on at 6:15pm.
There’s something for everyone at Holiday Cheer at the Pier. Take a picture with Santa, pick up a complimentary cookie, and enjoy games and roaming entertainment including stilt walkers, carolers, and a “Santa-bot.” Enter for a chance to win a gift basket. Take in the colourful lights and celebrate the start of the holiday season with family and friends.
Here are some more activities to get you in a festive mood:
- warm up with a hot chocolate by donation, offered by the Rotary Club of Port Moody;
- write a letter to Santa with help from the POMO Museum;
- make origami stars with staff from PoMoArts;
- take part in a scavenger hunt put together by the Port Moody Public Library;
- enjoy kettle corn and mini doughnuts available for purchase;
- check out the artisan pocket market, brought to you by the Blackberry Artist’s Society;
- learn about Canada’s largest and most diversified port at the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority booth; and
- participate in an activity and giveaway from our Environment and Solid Waste team.
Port Moody Fire Rescue will be collecting new, unwrapped toys as they kick-off their 2023 Toy Drive, and the Port Moody Police Department will be on hand to collect non-perishable food items. Please consider giving what you can, as all donations will go to SHARE Family and Community Services to help local families in need.
Holiday Cheer at the Pier is an outdoor event that will go ahead rain or shine, so please dress for the weather. Parking at Rocky Point Park will be extremely limited. Please consider leaving your car at home and walking or taking public transit instead.
Address of event:
2800 block of Murray Street
Feature Image:Calendar Entry - Holiday Cheer at the Pier.jpg